Want to know a great (and cheap!) trick to stretch your shoes if they’re a size too small? We thought so!
Sometimes we can find ourselves in a situation where for whatever reason we end up with a pair of shoes that are a smaller than what we actually would wear. But do not be too quick to give them away or to return them just yet! We have found a quick and easy way to expand them using a bit of water and a couple of Ziplock bags!
Here are the steps to follow:
- Fill 1/4 of each bag with water and close the seal of the bags.
- Insert these bags into your shoes and push towards the front (toes) area.
- Put the shoes with the water bags in the freezer and leave them for long enough time so that the water can freeze and turn into ice. When water freezes, it expands in volume, which in turn will stretch the surrounding shoe area.
- Once the water has turned into ice, remove the shoes from the freezer and leave them at room temperature until the water thaws. It should not take more than 15-20 minutes.
- Try the shoes on see the difference for yourself!
You should keep in mind that this trick will work best on real leather shoes, because real leather is more stretchable. If your shoes are made of fake leather, you will likely need to repeat this process a few more times since the shoes have the tendency to shrink back to their original size.
Watch the following instructional video and share your experience with us!